Monday, March 12, 2007

Wild! Horses. Burro Hall of Fame

We're still a long way from completely vanquishing the Wild Horse and Burro Hall of Fame from Google, so we thought we'd rack up some more keyword-algorithm points by honoring Patti Smith, whose wild debut album, Horses, is one of Burro Hall's favorites, and who is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight.

And because the internet is the greatest gift Almighty God ever gave mankind, here she is on the 1980's children's program Kids Are People Too singing "You Light Up My Life." Really. (I'd have gone with "Piss Factory" myself, which might explain why I no longer work in television. Or have any children.)

Smith will be inducted tonight by Zach de la Rocha, the man responsible for what I believe is the only heavy-rotation MTV video to feature the Zaptatista Liberation Army.

See? We tied it all back to Mexico. That's producing!

[ "Light up my Life" link fixed...]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog ...

The Patti Smith/"Light Up My Life" link is wrong - I'm sensing a bait-and-switch ;-)

Julian

Burro Hall said...

Thanks. It's been fixed, and we fired all the little Mexican children who actually do the work of maintaining this thing. NAFTA, my ass.