Saturday, August 25, 2007

Under the Watchful Eye of Uncle Sam

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but a few days after Congress passed the "George Bush Can Spy On Whoever the Fuck He Wants Act of 2007," this nondescript U-Haul trailer with Arizona plates pulled up in front of our house and it hasn't moved since. It's been there for about two week.

If you guys are reading this, I'm heading over to Starbucks later. Let me know if I can get you anything.

Update: Our friend Renata explains that it's all a harmless misunderstandng, that this truck belongs to acquaintances of hers, and that she's actually trying to help them sell it. In other words, she's in on it, too, and has been from the very start.. Renata (henceforth, "The Manchurian Amiga") was the first person we met here. She even helped us find this house - the house outside of which she has now parked this truck. A lot of things are starting to making sense, in retrospect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

McCain's campaigning hard to get the Hispanic vote, I see.

Anonymous said...

I am selling that truck!!. Ill tell you the story later.

R

Anonymous said...

I believe her real name is Wren.