Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Catblogging

We could debate all day whether or not the Missus acted in a rash, irrational manner when she dragged this flea-ridden kitten into our house after she heard it whining in the rainstorm the other night (short answer: yes.) Or whether or not it makes sense for someone as allergic to cats as I am to allow one to live under my roof (no.) Either way, the pathetic, water-logged little bag of parasites has settled right in and made a home for himself in the bougainvilla, and for the moment I can't think of any way to get rid of him that doesn't involve throwing a kitten out into the street. "Maybe he'll just leave on his own," Laura said as she was hand-feeding him fresh-cooked fish. Yes, exactly. He'll tire of all this rich food eventually.

So, for now at least, it looks like he's staying. We welcome any name suggestions (or a list of no-kill shelters in Queretaro) in comments. The perro, who will bark furiously at shadows or distant noises, seems incapable of recognizing the cat as a living thing, and is utterly indifferent to him. This will surely change the first time the cat tries to eat a scrap of food off the floor before the dog can get to it. We should probably consider a de-clawing.

(Also, the cat's presence in the bougainvilla has managed to scare off all the hummingbirds. I'm sure this will have some kind of cascading, catastrophic effect on the ecosystem here, but I'm not sure what it will be.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que tal Herodes? o te chingas o te jodes!

Anonymous said...

How about Dingus?

snowyco said...

How about The Jowly Mr T ?


I've been trying to find a place to use my lame material, since that houn-dawg lookin' spawn of R-Raygun 'nounced hiz'n tenshuns.

Please feel free to delete this post, and plaigerize and hence improve the concept....

Burro Hall said...

Oh, really, I couldn't plagiarize that - it wouldn't feel right.

snowyco said...

I still like JT , Mr T or just "T" - Fred doesn't have much of a ring to it.


Really, both Fred and the cat publicly announced their intentions on the same day, (it must be fate), and both are doing their darndest to worm their way into people's hearts....

Plagiarize away! I need all the help I can get.

Strange, I used BH's spell checker on my last post, but it didn't catch plaigerize.

Burro Hall said...

We have a spellchecker?

Anonymous said...

How about Mufasa Wallace?

Anonymous said...

Don't know if Benito does it. How about Fluffy? Or Catnip? or Tiger? or Oriana? or Porfirio? Use some imagination, dammit.

Burro Hall said...

Oh my God - we didn't mention "Benito" until three posts after this one. Are you from the future?