Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Coddling Terrorists

Newsweek has the scoop:

logistics chief Abu Zubaydah, whose interrogation at a secret cell in Thailand sparked an internal battle within the U.S. intelligence community after FBI agents angrily protested the aggressive methods that were used. In addition to waterboarding, Zubaydah was subjected to sleep deprivation and bombarded with blaring rock music by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Shit, I shelled out nearly $70 to see these guys at the Orpheum on two consecutive nights back in '89. I wonder what the pampered pashas down in Guantanamo get.

4 comments:

s said...

obviously the govt. is getting soft....back in the day when the CIA got "aggressive", it blasted Barry Manilow to break someone----at least it worked on Noriega....two days of 'Copa Cabana' round the clock and he couldn't surrender fast enough.....

Krellinator said...

I think I just went to one of those shows. Way better than Barry. I don't think Barry ever sported the tube sock on his schnozzel...

Burro Hall said...

I can see how this could be torture, of course. Try getting "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" out of your head. Would totally drive me crazy after a while.

Anonymous said...

your graphics imply he was also cuddled on the breasts of a (presumably non-virgin) female infidel... for him that was probably worse.