Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Didja Ever Notice?

I hate to get all Andy Rooney on you here, but can someone explain to me why every grocery store in this town sells at least three or four varieties of packaged pasta, and not one carries pasta sauce? I'll knock down a couple arguments real fast:

1) Mexicans don't put sauce on their pasta. Nonsense. There's no shortage of Italian restaurants selling pasta with tomato sauce. This is not an unknown combination in Mexico.

2) They prefer to make their sauce fresh, you lazy prick. Conceivably. But we're talking about little convenience stores that are the equivalent of 7-11, stores that exist to sell cheap packaged convenience foods.

So what's the deal? Seriously, it's maddening. And don't get me started on the abundance of jelly and the complete lack of peanut butter.

(Just for the record, we're not planning to serve the landlord spaghetti. The timing of this tantrum is coincidental.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mother cook her own sauce, as my grandma, and all my aunts... I think is that the reason.