Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm Your Pusherman

As 2007 drags to a close, the line between "on sabbatical" and "unemployed" is starting to blur a bit, and I've been trying to come up with something to occupy my time and keep the Missus in the style to which she has become accustomed. [Note to editors, producers and sugar daddies: my email address is over to the right.]

So the timing of the latest missive from US Ambassador Antonio "Tony Garza" Garza just couldn't be better:

December 12, 2007 – “I congratulate President Calderon and the Mexican government on the arrests yesterday of Marco Antonio Ramirez del Rio, number three in the Gulf Cartel, and two associates...

“Marco Antonio Ramirez del Rio, AKA Tony la Palma, Mario Rafael Morales and Dario Tristan Mendez were arrested by the Mexican Army in a security operation in Tampico, Tamaulipas. Ramirez del Rio is considered one of the bosses of the Gulf Cartel, and is believed to control the cartel’s operations in the Mexican states of San Luis Potosi, Tamaulipas, Queretero, Hildalgo and Mexico.

Sure, he misspelled Querétaro, but whatever. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a power vacuum to fill.

No comments: