Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I don't know who CNN International is aimed at, but it's not Americans in search of news from America while traveling internationally, that's for sure. As a result, the best (non-internet) way to keep up with the presidential primaries here is CNN en Español - which, given my rather tenuous grasp of the idiom, means I'm about as well-informed as if I were simply eavesdropping on a group of people talking politics in a bar.

Amusingly, though, there's one thing you can count on - as night follows day, the words "Gobernador Mike Huckabee" will be followed by "50 kilogramos." They just find it impossible to mention the guy without bringing up the fact that he used to be really fat. I don't have a larger cultural point here, it just makes me laugh every time.

No comments: