Saturday, February 16, 2008

There Will Be Dwarfs

I'd have to go back and check, but I think I've bitched a couple of dozen times about the abysmal quality of the bullfights at the Plaza de Toros in Querétaro, which seem to consist mostly of novilladas - basically, high school kids fighting "bulls" which I'm pretty sure give milk. But tonight, grown men at the top of their game will be plying their trade in the sandy circle - an all-star evening of Lucha Libre featuring Mistico, The Prince of Silver and Gold [left]. You read that correctly: Lucha Libre, in the bullring. The only way this could be more Mexican is if I were going with Frida Kahlo rather than the Missus.

And it's not just Mistico. There's a hefty undercard running the gamut from ladies to dwarfs, and everything in between - including (I pray) an "all-comers" match. (I have a considerable advantage in reach here.) We'll have a detailed report for you tomorrow.

See you at fight club!

No comments: