Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Cunning Stunt

As you know, I'm a long time member of the Stuntmen's Union. I haven't actually done stunt work in a while, but I keep my membership current because (a) the dental coverage is excellent, and (b) because these office jobs make me a little restless, and it's nice to have options. I happened to be in the neighborhood yesterday, so I swung by the office just to update my contact info and, of course, when you go by the office, you want to "make an entrance," - y'know, show 'em the kid's still got it. Anyway, I just kind of assumed the door was made of breakaway glass, but I guess they must've gotten tired of cleaning up the mess four or five times a day. It was really embarrassing.

Posting may be light for a while.

2 comments:

Gary Faules said...

Just a quick note to tell you how much I have been enjoying your blog. Based on some of your post I am curious if you live in the U.S. or if you live in Queretaro. AS you might remember I am one of the drivers who raced in the 2007 La Carrera Panamericana that came through Queretaro and also raced at the new race course there as well. The entire race will be on TV as well as HD DVD soon but also my car racing at the track at Queretaro will be televised as well. I just love Queretaro and can't wait to return.

Also interesting to me was your post regarding the SOB that put a dog on display and tried to call it art. This may sound crazy but while I was signing autographs in the town square of Puebla a dog began hanging out with me and followed me everywhere I went including back to my hotel. I really loved that dog and even got a photo of it next to me and she was so affectionate as she proudly walked along as if to say, "Look at me. I'm with a piloto." Long after I returned to the states and even after all those months I still miss that dog. I worry about how she takes care of herself, eats and stays warm at night. In retrospect I wish I had brought her home with me and I feel bad. Then I read an article of how many dogs they kill in Mexico City on a daily basis. I sure wish there was a way to find out if she is still hanging out around there.

Gary Faules said...

PS: Almost forgot my original comment... Speaking of stunts, did you happen to hear about the two stunts that went wrong during the making of the latest James Bond movie? Check it out.... http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/04/another-crash-o.html