Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Lecture Ready!

Our friend Daniel, author of the forthcoming Rapture Ready! will be debating the topic "Does Christian Rock Suck?" with musician Brian McCarter tonight. If you're in the area (and I probably won't be - but this isn't about me; it's Daniel's night), here are the details:

Wednesday April 2, 8 pm. Free admission, cash bar. The basement level of Lolita Bar at 266 Broome St. at the corner of Allen St. on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, one block south and three west of the Delancey St. F, J, M, Z subway stop.

Incidentally, Daniel will be arguing that, nay, Christian Rock sucketh not. Godspeed with that.



Update:I made it down there after all. Daniel won. Normally, that would be just one man's subjective and unreliable assessment of a friend's performance, but in fact his opponent, in a moment I believe to be without precedent in the field of public debate, actually conceded. "I may be totally wrong about this," he said. "I now disagree with what I said at the beginning." Verily.

No comments: