Friday, May 09, 2008

Sister Act II

So I've been sitting here trying to figure out this email I got from the Calgary Economic Development Office, wanting to arrange a time for us to discuss "my" sister city program. I assumed it had something to do with this post, except that (a) even a Canadian could tell it was tongue-in-cheek, and (b) it came to my other email address, not the one on this page.

Turns out that, thanks to my persistent emails to Sister Cities International, the international sister-city governing body, I have somehow been listed as the official contact person for cities wishing to sister-up with Querétaro. This probably says more about SSI's vetting process than anything else, but if they say I'm the Man, then I'm the Man. Hopefully I'll be able to arrange a scouting trip in time for the Stampede.

No comments: