Friday, June 13, 2008

How 'bout Them White Guys!

That title comes from a popular Boston t-shirt circa 1984, but now that I've actually watched my first Celtics game in two years, I see the team has finally integrated. I don't know when that happened, but it seems to be helping.

The reason we haven't seen a lot of hoops is because TVC Deportes - "tu casa para basquetbol americano" - didn't think the first few games of the NBA Finals would be of interest to the viewing public. I imagine this is because the NBA remains, as far as we're aware, a Mexican-free zone.

[Also, note to TVC Deportes: Andy Garcia is not the biggest celebrity holding Lakers' season tickets.]

2 comments:

sunnyjim said...

Eduardo Najera, baby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_N%C3%A1jera

Burro Hall said...

No one likes a know it all. (Specifically, you.)