Friday, June 06, 2008

Stupid Things

If you though that fleeing to Mexico would free me from the insatiable demands of The Man, you've been sadly, sadly misled. So in lieu of actual posting, here's a little Friday Afternoon Comedy, courtesy of everyone's favorite write in candidate, Lou Dobbs.

If you haven't read Media Matters' excellent take-down [pdf] of Dobbs', um, journalism, it's worth a read. To his credit, Dobbs invited the reports author, Paul Waldman, onto his, um, news program. In this excerpt, Waldman presses Dobbs for a scintilla of proof for his oft-repeated claim that there is a secret plan to build a NAFTA Superhighway four football fields wide connecting Mexico to Canada, which would facilitate the establishment of a North American Union that would cede America's sovereignty to this new North American order. (I shit you not.)

Dobbs', um, response is priceless.

3 comments:

s said...

The next time the Judge asks me for evidence to support my position, I think I'll try Lou's approach...

Burro Hall said...

Khalid Sheik Mohammad seems to be launching a similar defense. "I reject this tribunal..."

Jim Donahue said...

Good lord. We're in a new age of idiocy.

I love the banner at the bottom of the screen: ATTACKING LOU. Like asking him a question is akin to beating him up.