Friday, July 04, 2008

Pussy Galore

Can I get a quick show of hands here from everyone who has imagined the Missus as a batty old English lady living with a house full of cats? Okay, me too, though I imagined we'd have gone through a number of Democratic presidents before that time arrived. But yesterday, after her morning constitutional, she arrived home with one more kitten than she'd left with - this one found cowering in the niche of a wall surrounding a construction site.




















Though I might have been persuaded to keep the li'l fella (at least, we think it's a fella), the perro and the current gatita made clear that if this filthy fucking interloper were to stay in this house one more fucking minute they would disembowel him and eat his entrails. (I'm paraphrasing.) So off he's gone to live with our friend Adrian and his highly allergic and hopefully very patient girlfriend Alejandra. We've retained visitation rights.

Update: Jesse Helms is finally dead! As heartwarming news goes, this blows "sweet homeless street kitten adopted by loving family" out of the water. Excuse me...I've got something in my eye...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it about Queretaro ladies and kittens? My "sort-of consuegra" (i.e. teenage daughter's boyfriend's mother) isn't a batty old Mexican lady living in a houseful of cats, but she has done several kitty rescues recently, the latest one a month or two ago, also from a construction site.