Friday, August 01, 2008

Fly Like An Eagle

We'd always assumed the Boston College alumni network existed solely to provide car-dealership sinecures to those starting players who, for whatever reason, failed to make it in the NFL draft. Now it seems that they're branching out into my chosen profession as well:

The late Tim Russert's son will take up a family tradition for NBC News, helping to cover the Democratic and Republican conventions. Luke Russert's assignment as a convention correspondent focusing on "youth issues" is his first for NBC, the network said Thursday.

3 comments:

Dan said...

How do you think I landed MY first kick ass job right out of college? Positions as recreational aides for severely head-injured adults don't just fall from the heavens, bro. 15k a year and all the tic-tac-toe a young man could handle. Go Eagles!

Burro Hall said...

Not me, pal! I went straight to work for Uncle Marty - a Boston University man. No alumni connections for me. I ain't no fortunate son...

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that sort of make you an aide to a severely head-injured person (assuming self-inflicted head injuries qualify?)

Uncle Marty