Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Do Not, For One, Think That the Problem Was That The Band Was Down...

As a former TV news guy, I admit I have little experience with the world of dramatic historical recreations, but I like to think that, as a former TV news guy, I bring a certain penchant for accuracy to the table. Later this week we'll be filming, among other things, the burial of Abraham Lincoln - at 6'4", the tallest president in American history. At left is the coffin we've had made -- at not-inconsiderable expense. I'm hoping that these two jauntily-attired prop makers are each seven-and-a-half feet tall. Otherwise, it would tend to understate the hugeness of the object.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that has Spinal Tap's Stonehenge prop scene written all over it.

"You put ' " ' instead of " ' " you twit...

Burro Hall said...

I wish we'd linked to that.