Friday, August 21, 2009

Travel Advisory

Given its shockingly high tolerance for gun-toting, and the potential for an outbreak of airborne lead poisoning, travel guru Arthur Frommer is suggesting that tourists think twice before venturing into the failed state of Arizona:

For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest. I not only believe such practices are a threat to the future of our democracy, but I am firmly convinced that they would also endanger my own personal safety there. And therefore I will cancel any plans to vacation or otherwise visit in Arizona until I learn more. And I will begin thinking about whether tourists should safeguard themselves by avoiding stays in Arizona.

According to the Phoenix, Arizona, police, people with guns including assault rifles do not need permits in Arizona, but can simply carry such weapons with them, openly and brazenly, when they gather to protest a speaker at a public event.

We do wish DHS would hurry up and finish that containment wall along the border.

1 comment:

brujo said...

In AZ it is a legal issue to carry a CONCEALED weapon. Hence a handgun in a car must be visible on the seat when you are stopped for running a stop sign, and ditto in the supermarket, it must be visible in a holster. I wouldn't have it any other way. Gives people a fightin' chance. Slán go foíll from Athens