Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Burro Hall Joint

 And he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You, You'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed You most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child, during your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints...

"It was then that I rode upon the shoulders of the Burro."
This blog has many missions - the most important of which, as you surely already know, is to help our readers improve their relationship with Jesus Christ. To that end, our Audio Visual Division put together a little video that with the Lord's blessing went on to become a worldwide sensation. But because the film was written and broadcast in English, the language of our Lord, it hasn't enjoyed wide distribution south of the Rio Grande.

That's about to change.

By popular demand (and in this case, "popular demand" isn't just an abstraction: no, Dear Reader, we do not have a DVD you can borrow, so please stop coming by the house; this is why Bob Dylan moved out of Woodstock), and thanks to a marketing department that somehow figured out that a lot of Mexican countries are Catholic and stuff, History Channel en Español will present the Latin American premier of ¿El verdadero rostro de Jesús? (which, because of the way Spanish is written, contains not just one, but two Standards & Practices-imposed question marks in the title!) on Thursday, April 29, at 9pm.

So by 11pm Thursday (yeah, it's two hours - can you believe it?) we fully expect Burro Hall Enterprises, S.A., World Headquarters to become a destination for pilgrims from around the world.  We cannot emphasis this enough, people: we are not there, and will not be there until summertime.  But while you're in the neighborhood, we recommend you visit the new and improves Quinto Real over of Reforma, or treat yourself to a homemade curry at Bhaji, Independencia 72, between Pasteur and Rio de la Loza.  It's heavenly, and we should know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now, please send me a video.

M

Anonymous said...

Mhhh I surely have to try it next time I visit...just after my regular dose of guajolotes and enchiladas of course!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching.