Thursday, June 02, 2011

Twister

Tornadoes seem to be striking in a lot of unusually tornado-free places lately - proof, as we see it, that climate change is all an elaborate hoax. In the past couple of days, twisters have hit our home state of Massachusetts, and Jocotitlán, Estado de México. Still, not even Mother Nature can compete with Mexican drivers when it comes to producing carnage. One of these photos shows the aftermath in Jocotitlán; the others are randomly-selected news photos of the highway outside of Querétaro. Can you tell which is which?



8 comments:

Dave said...

You're not going to leave us in suspense, I hope. Enquring minds..

I'm counting out the third due to charring, and taking a shot at #2

Is there a prize?

Charles Pergiel said...

Funny, bunny!

Burro Hall said...

Dave wins. The only prize is the glory of knowing you're right.

Anonymous said...

Jutt the smug satisfaction is reward enough. Besides, I think I won a cerveza a while back for some reason I've long forgotten and never collected. Hope there's not an expiration date as it may be a while.

By the way, if you haven't seen a video of the tornado, it's a pretty cool delicate-looking funnel unlike those mile-wide blasters that Oklahoma seems fond of.

Burro Hall said...

Yeah, it sorta feel like a "made in Mexico" tornado, doesn't it?

My accountants informed me a while ago that you'd taken out a lien against our office building because we never made good on the beer. I thought that was a little unreasonable, but I admired it.

Charles Pergiel said...

A beer? Or an office building? Hmmm. This is a tough one. I'm going to have to think about it.

Jenny Woolf said...

The hole in the ground makes me think it's No. 1 but you know what I'm going to pass on that self drive holiday in Mexico

Dave said...

Your ears may have been ringing as I drove past QRO in December, but as I had a van full of Mexican dignitaries I thought the better of collecting. I'll bear the burden of that for now.