Tuesday, December 27, 2011

If I Could Talk to the Animals

You'll all be relieved to know the baby Jesus did show up again this year! Here, his mom explains how the burro is the most delightful of all God's creatures.



Meanwhile, because the town's nativity scene includes dioramas of just about every religiously significant person except Buffy the Vampire Slayer, here's St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, seen here blessing a... a...



Holy shit, what the fuck is that? Can anyone out there identify this thing? It could be some kind of jungle cat - or then again maybe a feral dog of some sort. A hairless warthog? Chupacabra? Anyone?

6 comments:

Dave said...

I went with Chupacabra before even reading to the bottom of your post, so it HAS to be one. Besides, what else could have those piercing blue eyes?

Burro Hall said...

These days, it could be anything in Mexico.

Crazy Rita said...

I know, I know (uh, uh, uh, with my hand raised). It's me. I am in Mexico today.

Fnarf said...

It's a jaguar that fell in a bucket of white paint.

The creature above appears to be not a burro but a bizarre camel+rabbit hybrid.

Anonymous said...

It's a wolf, after a famous poem
es.wikisource.org/wiki/Los_motivos_del_lobo

Burro Hall said...

Which one is the wolf? Seriously, the guy in the robe looks as much like a wolf as the four-legged thing does.